Golden Retriever is the most widely owned breed dog in United States and in the World. All that because this golden dog is so adorable! He is a dog that is needed and fits the family. A good friend as well as very smart. Of the many cool facts around the Golden Retriever, here are some of them.
Here are some Golden Retriever’s Facts according to www.dogshowpictures.net:
7 Facts of Golden Retriever
1. Golden Retrievers are often used on the search and rescue teams because of their keen sense of smell in tracking.
2. Golden is often used as a therapy dog. Another inspiring story is about a service dog named Kirsch. This diligent dog received an honorary master’s degree in mental health counseling from Johns Hopkins University to attend all of its owner’s classes.
3. They are known to take care of other animals, even cats. Talk about a strange couple! There is actually a baby kangaroo in Australia called Dusty who thinks her mother is a Golden Retriever named Lilly.
4. Golden Retriever is known to be sad and even depressed when left alone for long periods of time. Experts say they should not be left alone for more than seven hours.
5. Guinness World Record for the toughest skin held by Golden named Charlie in 113.1 decibels. (The chainsaw is 110 decibels … imagine 113.1!). Guinness Record also records Augie who holds the title to insert a tennis ball in a dog’s mouth – 5 normal-sized balls!
6. Golden Retriever is a popular celebrity among celebrities-Oprah, Adam Levine, Jimmy Fallon, Emma Stone, and Miranda Lambert all have golden dogs.
7. Golden Retrievers can be trained to detect epileptic seizures up to 1 hour before they actually occur.